The Pure Maintenance Difference

 

Unlike other traditional mold remediation companies, Pure Maintenance Golden State provides a warranty for mold remediation services as long as all water issues are resolved before the time of treatment.

 

Call for Free Estimate

Northern California: (916) 755-3520

pmgsnorcal@gmail.com

Southern California: (805) 429-0200

​pmgssocal@gmail.com

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black YouTube Icon

Mold Faqs

FAQ's about mold removal

1. Is mold in a house dangerous?

Yes. When mold is growing in a home, toxic spores are being released and flowing through the vents and air ducts to every room of the home. The spores are then breathed in by the occupants and can cause serious medical problems.

 

2. Is mold harmful to breathe?

Yes. Mold is definitely harmful to breathe. The severity of the mold, as well as the type of mold and the person’s individual tolerance, will factor into the actual effects the mold has on the human body. Growth often occurs in hidden places inside a home and is the source of mysterious illnesses.

 

3. What effects does mold have on people?

Depending on the type of spores growing, illnesses ranging from sinus infections and allergies to Alzheimer’s disease and MS can result. Illnesses can be very serious and mold toxins in a body are difficult for family doctors to measure. If you feel sick and the doctors aren’t sure why - getting your home tested for mold is a great idea.

4. Can I use bleach to get rid of mold?

No. This is a common misconception. Bleach will cause the mold spores to lose their color and appear to be gone, however, the spores will not die. They will continue to grow without color and using a liquid bleach can even increase the speed at which they grow because of the added moisture and humidity.

 

5. What causes mold to grow all the time?

The individual mold spores are flowing throughout the open air all of the time. When a small amount of spores are breathed outdoors, they are combined with such a large portion of fresh air that they rarely have an effect. Sometimes in the spring, the outdoor counts increase and create outdoor allergies. However, when moisture is allowed to dwell on a porous surface inside a building, these few mold spores will attach themselves to that surface and begin to grow at a rapid pace. Once these spores have attached, it takes much more than household cleaners to break their stronghold.

 

6. How do I get rid of mold?

There are over-the-counter products like “Killz” paint that will slow the growth of the spores. However, this will only slow down the problem and can still cause serious health effects. To get your home completely free of mold, call PureMaintenanceGoldenState, a certified remediation company.