FAQs

FAQ - Mold in the home

 

1. Is mold in a house really dangerous?

Yes. When mold grows in a home, toxic spores are released and flow through the vents and air ducts to every room of the home. The spores are inhaled by the home's occupants and can cause serious medical problems.

 

2. Is mold harmful to breathe?

Yes. Mold is very dangerous to breathe. The type of mold and an individual's constitution will both factor into the actual severity of the reaction, so one may only experience light symptoms and not realize they have a problem. Mold often grows in hidden places and is the source of mysterious illnesses.

 

3. What effects does mold have on people? 

Depending on the type of spores growing, illnesses can range from sinus infections and allergies to Alzheimer’s disease and MS. Illnesses may become very serious and are often difficult to ascribe to a mold problem. If you are frequently sick and the doctors aren’t sure why getting your home tested for mold is a great idea.

4. Can I use bleach to get rid of mold?

No. This is a common misconception. Bleach will cause the mold spores to lose their color and appear to be gone, but the spores will not die. They will continue to grow without color, and using a liquid bleach can even increase the speed at which they grow because of the added moisture and humidity.

 

5. What causes mold to grow so persistently?

When moisture is allowed to dwell on a porous surface inside a dark room, mold spores will attach themselves to that surface and begin to grow rapidly. A breeze may also carry them to other dark, damp places, and they take a stubborn foothold. Sadly, it takes much more than household cleaners to break their grip, and even after effective treatments, lingering spores on a separate surface may begin the cycle over again.

 

6. How do I get rid of mold?

There are over-the-counter products like “Killz” paint that will slow the growth of the spores. However, this will only slow down the problem and can still cause serious health effects. To get your home completely free of mold, call Pure Maintenance Golden State, a your best solution for treating mold and other dangerous pathogens.

FAQ - Your service

 

1. I’m having Pure Maintenance service my home, what should I do to prepare?

The home will need to be vacant during the dry fog process, so plan a place for you and your pets to be during the service. You will receive a message a few days before your appointment that will confirm your service and give basic instructions on how to prepare your home. They are simple -  open all closets, close all windows, etc.

 

2. Do I need to take paintings and wall art down before the treatment?

Our solutions are dry, so Pure Maintenance has never had an issue with wall art or paintings. Nevertheless, many people feel more comfortable taking expensive paintings down or covering them with a blanket.

 

3. What about fruit or other foods left out in the kitchen?

The chemicals used by Pure Maintenance have been FDA approved for food contact, but to retain the fresh taste of your produce you may want to place them in a zip lock bag or refrigerator.

 

4. How long before I can re-enter my home?

The length of each job depends on the size of the home, but a Pure Maintenance employee will let you know how long the process will take when the bid is submitted. Most jobs take no more than 4-5 hours.

 

5. Is it safe?

Absolutely. The solutions are environmentally friendly and have been approved by the EPA.

 

6. Do I need to get everything out of the house?

No, in fact, you should keep as many of your belongings inside the home as possible. Mold spores get trapped inside fabrics, furniture, clothing, mattresses, etc., and all of those things will be treated as well.

 

7. Will it get behind my walls?

Our patented technology creates a 7.5 micron-sized particle. A mold spore is between 12 and 30 microns. That means any place where a mold spore can access the fog will also access. In special situations where there is a known issue behind a wall, we can poke a few 1/8 inch holes between the studs and treat the back of the wall directly.

 

8. Will I need to clean everything after the treatment?

Not at all.  The process leaves no residue so your home and all items in it will be clean.

 

9. Does it kill bugs?

They certainly do not like it, and many customers report that it has, but the EPA has not approved our solutions as pesticides so we avoid making any claims about bugs.

 

10. What will the mold look like after the treatment?

The stains that the mold has created will not go away, but we can clean them for you at a small additional cost. If you prefer, you can clean the stains yourself upon completion of your service. Everything will be perfectly safe to handle at that point.

 

11. How long does it last?

Our virus and pathogen remediation service is warrantied for up to 90-days. Our demolition-free mold remediation is warrantied for up to one year. See our terms and conditions for more information!

 

12. How will I know if it worked?

Your technician will take an air sample upon completing the treatment and send it to an independent third party lab. We use an accredited mold lab that has no affiliation with any mold testing or mold remediation companies. About 4-5 days after the treatment, you will get your results via email.

Call now for your free estimate

Northern California:

(916) 755-3520

pmgsnorcal@gmail.com

Southern California:

(805) 429-0200

​pmgssocal@gmail.com

  • Facebook
  • YouTube